During my years of wedding planning you would think that I have seen it all and that is why I always come prepared! From super gluing together the Mother-of-the-Bride's shoe, to literally sewing a bridesmaid into her dress because the zipper malfunctioned to creating a French bustle out of 10 safety pins, I have experienced it all and lived to plan another day!
I bring a massive Bridal Emergency Kit to all of my weddings and almost every single wedding I plan I add one more thing needed to the kit. Here is a comprehensive list of the essentials to pack in your Bridal Emergency Kit (but if I am planning your wedding you can skip it because I always come with my Bridal 911 Kit in tow!) Having these items on hand can make a wedding day emergency into no-big-deal!
1) Wisps - brides love these little disposable toothbrushes. Sometimes I offer the groom or father of the bride one right before go time too!
2) Listerine Breath Strips - because Mimosa breath is terrible!
3) Altoids - Some people prefer these instead.
4) Safety pins - all different sizes. Almost EVERY wedding at least one is needed. These are also good when you need to reinforce a dress bustle.
5) Sewing Kit - with different color threads. Because yes, I have had to sew a girl into her dress before.
6) Eyelash Glue - for eye lashes of course but you can glue a small dot to the triceps to help hold your veil out as you walk down the aisle.
7) Pain Medication - I keep Advil, Tylenol and Goody's Headache Powder (for the hungover groomsmen)
8) Tums & Pepto Bismal - I pack the chewable tablets for more convenience.
9) First Aid Kit - with bandaids, neosporin, benadryl, ice pack, etc.
10) Bister Bandaids - different sizes
11) Tide Togo Pens / Shout Wipes - I also have to restock these all the time!
12) Lint Roller - because pompas grass sheds!
13) Spray deodorant - I pack the spray type for sanitary reasons.
14) Pair of Black Socks - because groomsmen forget theirs.
15) Bobby Pins - different sizes & colors
16) Lavender Essential Oil - for calming brides down or headache relief
17) Tissue Packets
18) Hardware / Tool Kit - Super Glue, Picture Hanging Kit, Hot Glue Gun, Hot Glue, Hammer, Leatherman Tool, Zip Ties, Etc.
19) Feminine Products